The 3.0 release of the MeVisLab SDK software includes updates to various thirdparty libraries, bug fixes, and improvements to various modules.
Some of the highlights are:
- Qt was updated to version 5.6 (from 4.8)
- High DPI support on all platforms
- IDE and text editor improvements (HTML notes in networks, asynchronous completion, …)
- Improved Python/NumPy integration
- VTK 7.0 (updated from VTK 5.10)
- Updated DCMTK library for reading and writing DICOM files
- Various new modules and performance optimizations
Support for Visual Studio 2010 has been discontinued, instead we added a 32bit version of MeVisLab based on Visual Studio 2015 alongside the existing 64bit version.
Note: We plan to switch to Python 3 with the next major version of MeVisLab. If you want to prepare for this switch, you can activate a warning mode that will warn about all constructs that will not work or work differently in Python 3. Tools for automatic conversion of incompatible code are included in the release.